Some of the downloads on this page require Adobe Reader. If you don't already have it you can download it here for free
How you can help
Beyond the scenic postcards
The images that are conjured up when we dream of idyllic Pacific islands with soft breezes through palm trees and waves lapping along white sandy beaches belie the struggles of the vast majority of their inhabitants.
It’s certainly no holiday for them!
We enjoy a comfortable standard of living in New Zealand and we can visit and enjoy the attractions of these romantic holiday destinations. The income derived from tourism or exports does not trickle down to the vast majority of the population and certainly not to sufferers of leprosy. More critically, there is little support at any government level and much of the funding and assistance that is provided comes through the Pacific Leprosy Foundation.
Your support is very valuable
You can support our work in many ways:
- Making a donation - at any time and for any amount whenever you wish. Click here to make an online donation. or here to download a donation form. Please read our terms and conditions before making any donations.
- Regular donations by direct credit - support the Foundation on an ongoing basis. Email us to find out how
- Donating your tax refund - If you don’t require your tax refund, this makes a very easy donation. Find out how here.
- Purchase of Gifts - Writing sets, bookmarks, greeting card packs and books are available for purchase - click here for an order form. View our refund policy here.
- Making a bequest - You may leave a bequest in your will
eg - “I give to the Pacific Leprosy Foundation, whose registered office is at 115 Sherborne Street, Christchurch, New Zealand, the sum of $ for its general purposes and I declare that receipt by the Secretary of the Pacific Leprosy Foundation shall be sufficient discharge for this gift.”
“I give the residue of my estate to the Pacific Leprosy Foundation, whose registered office is at 115 Sherborne Street, Christchurch, New Zealand for its general purposes and I declare that receipt by the Secretary of the Pacific Leprosy Foundation shall be sufficient discharge for this gift.”